Workshop Wednesday: Pretty Packaging - Altered Petaloo Dress Form

We love learning new things so join us for Workshop Wednesdays where we’ll show you tips, techniques or tutorials to help you grow as scrapbookers. Our creative Design Team will teach you something fun, exciting or maybe it’s just a refresher for you. Regardless, make sure and tune in every other Wednesday to see what’s on the curriculum for the day.

The new Petaloo Trims and Garlands are beautiful and so is the packaging! I'm always looking for new ways to incorporate product packing into my designs. I immediately thought of an altered dress form when I saw the packaging from the Petaloo Pink Floral Fabric Garland. With a couple of embellishments and a few simple cuts and punches I created a pretty altered dress form to use as an embellishment on one of my layouts.

Supplies:
Dress Shaped Packaging from a Petaloo Garland or Trim
Patterned Paper of Your Choice
Embellishments of Your Choice
Craft Knife or Scissors
Adhesive

Step 1. Gather your supplies. I chose one piece of patterned paper and stickers, lace trim, fussy cut butterflies and a flower.


Step 2. Using a kraft knife or scissors carefully cut along the inside of the brown dress form outline. I was careful to avoid cutting the glitter necklace and ribbon. I wanted to use the ribbon as an embellishment, so I removed it and set it aside for the next step.


Step 3. Trim the excess bottom of the packaging, leaving enough of an edge to use a decorative punch to cut a pattern along the bottom of the dress.



Step 4. Use adhesive to attach the packaging on top of a piece of patterned paper of your choice. Once dry, trim the excess paper.

The design possibilities after this point are infinite. The following steps explain how I embellished my dress form.


Step 5. Tear the petals from a flower and glue them to your dress.


Step 6. Replace the pink ribbon that was removed in Step 2 and add trim of your choice to the bottom of the dress.


Step 7. Embellish your dress with stickers and fussy cut butterflies.


Step 8. Use your finished dress form on a project!
If you've used this tutorial to create an altered dress from of your own we'd love to see it! Upload a link to your creation to the {SAS}sy Blog or to the {SAS}sy Creative Gallery.

Comments

Post a Comment