Song of the Sea Configurations Box - Your Memories Here

Tim Holtz Configurations Box Filled with Beach Photos, Shells, and Natural Embellishments

It's finally warm enough to enjoy the beach and I couldn't be happier.  I had a blast altering this beach themed Configurations Box for Your Memories Here Designs. Configurations are dimensional shadow boxes made from 1/8" wrapped paper board, not thin chipboard or paper mache. These sturdy covered boxes are inkable, paintable, and best of all configurable. Available in four sizes, each configuration comes with a framed lid with removable acetate window.

Tim Holtz Configurations Box Glass Curio Knob Closeup

Decorative Metal Footings on Tim Holtz Configurations Box Closeup


Measuring approximately 2" deep, each configurations can be used to display your most dimensional elements, mini books, and better yet, they fit the curio knobs and foundation feet like a dream! Stand them up or lay them flat, you decide how to display it.

Tim Holtz Configurations Box Cubbies Filled with Ribbon Spools, Ribbon, and Keys

Tim Holtz Configurations Box with Beach Photos, and Shells

Tim Holtz Configurations Box with Beach Photos and Shells


I lined the back of each box with patterned paper from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology collection.  The seams and edges of this box are covered with Tim Holtz Tissue Tape. 

Living near the beach, it is easy for me to find free shells to use for my projects. When I can't find the large shells, starfish, or sand dollars, I look for potpourri at discount stores. It is much more affordable to purchase shells this way than from beach stores targeting tourists.

Supplies: Configurations Box: Tim Holtz; Paper: Tim Holtz; Tissue Tape: Tim Holtz; Curio Knob: Tim Holtz; Foundations: Tim Holtz; Keys: KandCo; Vintage Keyhole: Melissa Frances; Ribbon: Offray; Other: Shells, Glass Jars, Star Fish, Sand Dollars, Spools, Flowers, Twine

Pin It!

Howto Assemble a Home Decor Piece with Beach Vacation Souvenirs

Beach Photos and Shells in a Configurations Box


Comments

  1. this is awesome Dana! what a great way to preserve your beach memories ;) my sea shells from our last trip are still sitting outside on the patio table (its been 3 months!) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Dana, this is awesome! I just bought a 7Gypsies painter's tray for my mom and dad's 40th anniversary, and I've been looking for ideas, but I really don't know where to start. Anyway, this is gorgeous - do you mind if I pin it? Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the love Roxy! I don't have a problem with you pinning this. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment