DIY Fabric Leaves & Thankful Card Set - Moxxie


I'm sharing a fun fall-themed DIY project for Moxxie today. There is something about the cooler fall months that prompts me to incorporate more fabrics into my craft projects.  Several patterned paper collections would make gorgeous fabric prints, the Forever Family collection being one of them.  The flourish, hound's-tooth and striped patterns are some of my favorites and the color palette is fantastic with warm oranges and browns being set off with a beautiful pale teal.  To satisfy my need for Forever Family fabric, I printed my own at home in a few simple steps using my home computer and printer/scanner, some t-shirt transfers and muslin.


To begin I selected several sheets of pattered paper from the Forever Family collection.  I chose the beautiful flourish pattern in several colors.  Note: If you would prefer a less subtle design for your project, the B-sides of these papers feature wonderful multicolored stripes and hound's-tooth patterns. The coordinating stickers and die-cuts could also be scanned to create fabric embellishments.


I scanned each patterned paper using my home printer/scanner and computer and then printed the images onto t-shirt transfers. Note: Be sure to select "mirror image" or "T-shirt mode" from your printer menu before printing any pattern with text so that the design will be in the proper orientation on the final project.


Preheat an iron to the highest setting and empty any water that may be in the iron. Do not use steam. Iron the project fabric, if necessary, to remove any wrinkles. Position the transfer image side down onto the project fabric, and using firm pressure, iron over the entire transfer in a circular motion. Remove the transfer backing from the fabric and have fun creating with your new custom fabric!


I used several leaf dies to cut my fabric into embellishments for my card set. I have so much to be thankful for this year and wanted to let my family and friends know how much they mean to me with a handmade card.


I'm thinking about making several more card sets for use as hostess gifts for the upcoming holiday season.  If you've started your Christmas crafting already, try using this same technique with the Moxxie Winterland, Party At The Pole, and/or Faith collections.

Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to check back here often, and also visit our facebook page, for inspiration from the rest of the Moxxie Muses.

Comments

  1. What a great way to stretch your products, this is such a neat idea and I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever - totally love this idea, and the card is so charming. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card with these gorgeous fall leaves!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment