Love ATC - Tando Creative


I'm sharing an ATC I created for Tando Creative today. The theme this week on the design blog is Distressed. Tando chipboard is almost indestructible, so to make distressing easier for myself, I soaked my Artist Trading Card in water until the layers began to separate. I pulled the thinner top and bottom layers from the thicker middle layer and let them dry overnight. I used one of the thinner layers for the top, distressed piece of this card, which I then adhered to the thicker middle layer for added support.


I set eyelets around the edge of the top layer and stitched some twine through the holes.  I cut slits with a craft knife and opened them up a bit to distress the top layer further.  Peeking through the holes is a piece of denim. I used gesso, mist and ink to add color to this card and then piled on the embellishments.


I thought it would be fun to add some charms to the bottom!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


I'm also entering this piece in the February Want2Scrap Time2Create Challenge.

Supplies: Chipboard ATC: Tando Creative; Denim: Want2Scrap; Pearls: Want2Scrap; Flower: Michael's; Vine: Petaloo; Cardboard Arrow: Jillibean Soup; Glitter: Martha Stewart; Eyelets: Colorbok; Stamp: Paper Wings Productions; Mist: Clearsnap; Ink: Ranger; Gesso: Golden; Other: Charms, Twine

Comments

  1. WOW.. what awesome techniques. Your project is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Dana, love the charms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I love love love love all the metal and diamonds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, the detail is amazing and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the way you mix all the different materials and textures - it is art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering the February Challenge at Want2Scrap. Please e-mail Allie@want2scrap.com - I have a special coupon for you, just for playing along with us.

    Allie Gower
    Want2Scrap.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment