Watercolor Card - CropStop



I'm sharing a simple card today that I created for my Guest Design spot at the CropStop. I embossed a piece of white cardstock with the Couture Creations Damask Embossing Folder for the base of my card. To create the watercolor effect, I used the gorgeous Tim Holtz Spring 2012 Distress Ink Set, Radiant Rain Honeydew Mist, and a spray bottle of water. I stamped the ink pads onto my my craft mat, randomly added some mist, and then spritzed the entire area with water. I then gently laid my embossed cardstock over the pool of color and applied some light pressure. I love how the raised areas of the cardstock absorbed most of the color, leaving the background white! Once the ink and mist dried, I mounted the embossed piece onto a piece of solid colored cardstock.


I added some small paper flowers for another layer of color and applied Gold Stickles to the flower centers. The pale green areas from the Radiant Rain Mist have a wonderful subtle shimmer.


I used two colors of sheer ribbon for this bow, Yellow/White Sheer Dots and Teal/Teal Organdy Swirl.  I added a charm and pin to the bow to finish the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

The following supplies are available in the CropStop Store

Visit the CropStop Store for your crafting needs!  Use our CropStop Blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase of $30 or more.

Supplies: Cardstock: Close To My Heart, Recollections; Embossing Folder: Couture Creations; Charm: Prima; Pin: Prima; Ink: Ranger; Mist: Creative Imaginations; Stickles: Ranger; Other: Flowers, Ribbon

Comments

  1. May be simple but it's absolutely gorgeous! I am going to have to try this technique!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment