Memories Card + Tutorial - Quick Quotes


It's my turn to host the Quick Quotes monthly challenge! April is National Poetry Month, so to celebrate the vast body of poetry produced by current and past poets, the Quick Quotes Team challenges you to include a verse of poetry, or an entire poem, on your project. The poetry can be written by Quick Quotes' very own Patsy Gaut, a favorite poet, a friend or family member, a child or yourself!


I created a card for this challenge that was inspired by a Patsy Gaut poem. I found the poem in the Quick Quotes Inspire Bundle. I created this card with the 6x6 Cracklin' Rose Cardstock Weight Paper Stack. The poem from the Inspire Bundle did not match my color palette, so I printed the poem onto a piece of coordinating cardstock from the 6x6 Cracklin' Rose Cardstock Weight Paper Stack for use on my card. In addition to coordinating cardstock, the 6x6 Cracklin' Rose Cardstock Weight Paper Stack also includes several pages of beautifully designed journaling cards and tags that can be easily cut for projects.  I used a journaling card with a decorative edge on my card to help draw the eye to the poem.  I added pearls to highlight the printed edge of the journaling card.


I created this flower with my Kiwi Lane Mini Madison Ave. Border Template. I wanted to create something other than a flat decorative edge border with my template set. There are several designs in each template set that would yield some unique petal shapes! The 6x6 Cracklin' Rose Cardstock Weight Paper Stack was the perfect size paper for the flower petals and saved me from cutting into a full 12x12 sheet of patterned paper.

If you would like to create a similar flower for a project of your own, you can do so in a few simple steps.


Step One: Choose a border template, or create your own design, and trace 5 strips onto the back of a 6x6 patterned paper. My strips measure about 1.5-inches by 6-inches.


Step Two: Cut the strips apart and ink the edges with Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalking Ink.


 Step Three: Cut a 1-inch slit, every inch, along the top of the decorative edge of each paper strip.


Step Four: Use a 1.5-inch round embellishment for the flower center. I used a piece of cork. Wrap each petal strip around the flower center, gluing as you go. Once dry, curl the flower petals away from the flower center.

Quick Quotes Supplies:
6x6 Cracklin' Rose Cardstock Weight Paper Stack
Bloody Mary PowderPuff Chalking Ink
Mocha Mama PowderPuff Chalking Ink

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Visit the Quick Quotes Blog for all the challenge guidelines. I hope you decide to play along.  One lucky winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to the Quick Quotes Store!

Comments