Explore - Quick Quotes


Hi! I'm sharing a fun beach-themed layout that I created with the NEW Calypso and Serendipity collections for Quick Quotes today. These two lines blend so well together and I just can't get enough of the blue, orange and yellow color palette.

I was inspired by this photo of my nephew running in the surf to add some waves to my page. I cut wave patterns from the Serendipity 200 and Serendipity 300 patterned papers and highlighted the edges of those papers with Caribbean Blue PowderPuff Chalking Ink and Feather Gray PowderPuff Chalking Ink.

I wanted to add a pop of bright color to my page and decided that some little fish would make great embellishments. I cut the fish from the Calypso 100 patterned paper using a chipboard die-cut negative as a guide.

Designer Tip: Don't throw away empty chipboard die cut sheets. They make great stencils!


I layered pieces from the Calypso Chipboard Die Cuts onto a Polaroid overlay to help draw the eye to my photo.

I extended the sentiment quote strip that I cut from the Calypso 500 patterned paper to include the title of my page, "explore." I added some ellipses and ended the thought with the word "Escape" on the bottom left-hand side of the page. Escape has a double meaning for me. I usually go to the beach to escape the every day grind, but I also wanted to have a bit of fun, so I have the little fish trying to escape from the big fish. :)

Quick Quotes Supplies:
Calypso 100
Calypso 200
Calypso 500
Calypso Chipboard Die Cuts
Serendipity 200
Serendipity 300
Caribbean Blue PowderPuff Chalking Ink
Feather Gray PowderPuff Chalking Ink

Thanks for stopping by today!

Photo Credit: Sarah Seror

Comments

Post a Comment