Flutter ATC - Tando Creative


Hi friends! I'm sharing an ATC that I created for the Color Theme this week on the Tando Creative Design Blog. I love moths and butterflies and am sometimes fortunate enough to find them in my yard. While most of them are still fluttering around, I do, on occasion, find them after their life has ended; just a piece of a delicate wing, or mostly intact, like this beauty. This card may be a bit too creepy for some, but in the spirit of October and the upcoming Halloween festivities, I decided to embrace this moth and immortalize this specimen forever under a coat of glaze.


I used Gelatos and water to create the ombre background on this ATC. I then wound some rusted wire into a circle and secured it to the ATC with washi tape. I placed the moth in the center of the wire circle and covered the entire card with a thick layer of glaze. Just one of the brilliant qualities about Tando chipboard is the strength and weight. I fearlessly covered this ATC with nearly a quarter cup of glaze (about 2 ounces) and let it dry overnight without worry that the chipboard would become saturated or warp.


In addition to this gorgeous color palette, I was also inspired by some lyrics from Chris Cornell's song Flutter Girl:

I'm drinking dust
With eyes of rust
Tonight my tears might stain your wings
So flutter home
'Cause you're better off alone than with me

You can find Artist Trading Cards and more in the Tando Creative Retail Store! We'd love to see what you create with this Color Theme! To be in with a chance of winning some great Tando goodies of your choice, please make a piece based on our weekly themes and link your project, not just your blog, using the inlinkz tool located at the top of the Tando Blog. You don't have to use any Tando product, but, if you do, you will be entered into the draw twice! There are no limits to how many times you enter, however, we do request that you only enter your piece for 5 challenges. We look forward to seeing your creations!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and textures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Not too creepy, but I'm glad you mentioned that you didn't hunt the butterfly alive for your pieve of art! I'm one of those who admire the looks of antique butterfly collections, and at the same time I totally can't understand people having killed them for that.
    Gorgeous color palette and I'll want to find out what sort of glaze you used - looks like it covered it all very well, even the wire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Salla! I used Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Glaze. Their Glaze is one of the thicker formulas on the market so you can really pour it on and have it stay put. The coverage is fantastic. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment