Stamped and Stitched Embroidery Hoop Art - Clearsnap

Stamped and Stitched Embroidery Hoop Art by Dana Tatar for Clearsnap
Ink for this project provided by Clearsnap.

Hi! I'm up on the Clearsnap blog today sharing a colorful embroidered art project. I absolutely love embroidered art. Much of the designs that catch my eye are way beyond my limited skill set, but I didn’t let that stop me. I used ink and stamps to add more personality to a store-bought embroidered napkin. Filling up the white space in my piece with colorful stamping was a real time-saver and great alternative to stitching. How much of this design did I stitch by hand? How exactly did I use stamps on this piece? Is there ink designed specifically for fabrics? I answer all of these questions and share the step-by-step tutorial and some of my design tips on the Clearsnap blog.

I’m so happy with how this semi-handmade project turned out! As a fun variation, try using Smooch Accent Ink to paint a design onto the embroidery hoop, or wrap it with ribbon. Easter and Mother’s Day is fast approaching. A similar piece with a stitched bunny, religious symbol, monogram, or a stitched “Mom” would make a wonderful gift or piece of home decor!

If you love embroidery hoops, but would rather not get out the needle and thread, check out these other project tutorials that use ink instead:

ColorBox Blends Embroidery Hoop Orbs - I’ve seen embroidery hoops all over Pinterest and I’ve been inspired to create with them. This colorful bowl of orbs started out as raw wood embroidery hoops. I stained these hoops with some of my favorite shades of ColorBox Blends by Eileen Hull and ColorBox Crafter’s Ink by Ann Butler.

Stamped Fabric Wall Art - The ColorBox Background Basics by Ann Butler range of quilt-themed stamps helped me to create a beautiful homespun background for my project in no time at all! This small 4-inch piece of art was quick and easy to put together with Clearsnap inks and stamps and a few basic supplies.

Clearsnap Supplies:
ColorBox Crafter's Cat's Eye Ink Pads: Berry, Limelight, Ocean Breeze, Spiced Plum, Sunshine
ColorBox Erasable Fabric Ink Pad
Stamps from Paper Wings Productions: Flourish Fun 2, Valentine Wishes

Other Supplies: Embroidered Napkin, Embroidery Hoop, Embroidery Floss, Needle, Flowers, Hot Glue Gun, Scissors

Stamped and Stitched Embroidery Hoop Art Tutorial by Dana Tatar for Clearsnap

Comments

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee the stitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I recently made a baby girl sampler for a friend - used an erasable pen for the name etc, it was that erasable it erased in seconds... had to do one letter at a time very quickly! x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Amanda! I can assure you that the ColorBox Erasable Fabric Inkpad gives you plenty of time to stitch. I'm an extremely SLOW stitcher and the ink did not fade at all during the time it took me to finish my project. This ink formula will not erase until removed with water.

      Delete

Post a Comment