Sweet Life - Scraps of Darkness

Sweet Life Mixed Media Shabby Chic Scrapbook Layout by Dana Tatar for Scraps of Darkness

Hi! I'm sharing my first layout for Scraps of Darkness. I created this debut project with the February Our Story Kit and it is absolutely gorgeous! There are so many beautiful floral papers and sparkly accents to work with.

Paper and Embellishment Layering on a Shabby Chic Scrapbook Layout by Dana Tatar

I've been holding on to this photo of my youngest niece for some time and was so happy to see how well it coordinated with this kit. I built up layers of journaling notecards, fussy cut papers, book pages, and product packaging (it matches this kit perfectly!) under my photos. I topped the photos with a mix of flowers from the Main Kit, Element Add-On, and Floral Add-On. I colored the small chipboard heart with embossing powder from the Creativity Add-On. The title for this page, "Sweet Life" is from the BoBunny Copper Accents Foil Transfers Rub-Ons, which I added under the photos.

Backround Stamping and Stenciling on a Shabby Chic Scrapbook Layout by Dana Tatar

I used the stencil from the Elements Add-On with the Dina Wakley Media Blushing Heavy Body Acrylic Paint from the Creativity Add-On to add a colorful print to the background of my layout. I then added stamping with the fun Ruby Rock-It Bella! Champagne Bubbles stamp and the Prima Chocolat Dye Ink from the Color Add-On. Once that was dry, I added a light layer of whipped spackle over a text stencil for texture and dimension. Lastly, I sprayed the Lindy's Stamp Gang Cocoa Bean Copper Starburst Mist for a metallic accent. The shimmer of this mist is fantastic!


Painted Metal Heart Charm on a Romantic Scrapbook Layout by Dana Tatar

I altered the finish of the Papermania Ever After Wedding Heart Charm for this page from silver to gold with a layer of clear gesso and then gold paint.

We'd love to see your take on this kit. Share your work with us in the Scraps of Darkness and Scraps of Elegance Mixed Media Scrapbooking Community on Facebook.

Pin It!


Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout with Stenciled and Stamped Backgroundand Flowers

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous!!! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment